Facilities management as a career choice offers many opportunities and an interesting and diverse working life where no two days are ever the same. It is challenging, interesting and has a vital importance in keeping the company operating effectively on a day to day level and providing a safe, enjoyable and efficient working environment for the employees. View some of our member profiles to see what it is like working in FM.
2015 Careers Guide to Facilities Management
2016 Careers Guide to Facilities Management
TV PROGRAMME : ’Careers in Facilities Mangement - A world of choice and opportunity’
- BIFM Qualifications in Facilities Management at levels 2, 3 4, 5, 6 and 7 are delivered across the country through a variety of means. These offer a development path for operational managers through to strategic senior practitioners. Find out about the BIFM qualifications here
- Postgraduate qualifications (Level 7) in FM offered by a number of universities and colleges, some of which are recognised by BIFM. Click here for details
Apprenticeships in Facilities Management
- Apprenticeship scheme (Level 3) (click here for more information)
- Apprenticeships in Facilities Management at levels 2, 4, 5 and 6, read more
BIFM members have access to a range of knowledge and information resources and professional development opportunities, alongside the professional recognition of BIFM membership. Read more about membership
- Participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through opportunities offered by the BIFM i.e. Regional and Special Interest Group CPD events and the ability to record such CPD activity with an online CPD recording framework
- The prestigious annual conference ThinkFM, Good Practice Guides and updates on key FM issues through our twice-monthly magazine FM World amongst others.
SkillSet SkillSet is BIFM Training’s (Quadrilect Ltd) interactive online learning portal available to all facilities management professionals to help you or your team develop business skills in bitesize, adaptable chunks. offers a range of online learning courses on core business skills for all FM professionals to access.
The latest jobs in facilities management can be searched on FM World Jobs – the recruitment website for FM World magazine.
Browse through the site to find out more and do contact us with any queries:
Tel: +44 (0) 1279 712651Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The symbol denotes access to members only content. If you are a member you need to be logged in to view this.