World FM Day
World FM Day celebrate’s the importance of the FM profession. It aims to raise the profile of FM around the globe, promoting facilities management’s ideals, not only within the profession and industry, but also among governments and the general business community.
This year World FM Day will be celebrated on 17 May 2017. The theme is 'Enabling Positive Experiences.' This theme aims to highlight how facilities management plays an integral role in positive customer, client and employee experience in all sectors, whether it is residential, sport, workplace, healthcare or any other.
BIFM World FM Day events being held include:
- 16 May - BIFM Channel Islands: Behind the scenes…how FM influences positive client experience.
- 17 May – BIFM UAE Region: How do you roll out IFM across 24 countries in one hit? The challenges and success factors for a successful mobilization of an IFM partnership.
- 17 May – BIFM North Region: World FM Day event.
- 17 May: Facilities Management Worldwide Broadcast: 60-minute live audio broadcast from the London offices of BIFM’s official magazine FM World featuring a global panel of FM specialists.
- 17 May – BIFM South Region: CPD event on security.
- 17 May – BIFM International SIG: Panel discussion with FM professionals from around the world as they share their stories on how they enable positive experiences in their workplace.
- 17 May – BIFM Scotland Region: Case study and site visit to the new offices of Registers Scotland following its move to Glasgow’s landmark St Vincent Plaza development.
- 18 May – BIFM Channel Islands: Behind the scenes tour of Castle Cornet offering a look at how the iconic landmark is maintained, the challenges its FM team face and how they work to provide a positive customer experience to visitors.
- 18 May – BIFM webinar: An in-depth look at the results of BIFM’s recently published UK Facilities Management Business Confidence Monitor.
- 18 May – BIFM Midlands Region: Presentation and site visit exploring the asset management journey at Rolls-Royce.
We already received some great examples how our members 'enable positive experiences' through our World FM Day case studies, which can be viewed here.
A supporters' pack with ideas and advice to help those working within facilities management mark World FM Day is now available to download here.
The pack contains everything those who support the delivery FM services need to take part in the international awareness day on 17 May, as well as help raise awareness of the vital work that facilities management professionals and the facilities management industry contributes to business and the economy worldwide.
Among other things it includes awareness and fundraising ideas, information sheets on organising ‘back to the floor’ or ‘lunch and learn’ sessions to promote the role of FM in the workplace. It also provides social media guidance as well as poster and case study templates, a branded email signature and electronic sticker and pre-written presentation slides.
> Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you'll be using the supporter pack to celebrate World FM Day.
Add your events to the world map
Visit the Global FM website to find out more about World FM Day.
World FM Day 2016 happened on 13 July, with events taking place during 11-15 July.
The 2016 theme was ‘Empowering people for a productive world’, which looked at how facilities management (FM) enables different business disciplines to collaborate to deliver high quality business performance.