Member Grade (MBIFM)
You may be eligible to join BIFM at Member grade (MBIFM) if you have an FM-related qualification and/or you are able to demonstrate expertise and practical experience across a wide range of competences.
Member Grade (MBIFM)
To be awarded this grade you need to meet one of the following criteria
- MBIFM route a) Three years’ management, two years’ FM experience and passed the BIFM Level 4 Diploma or at least one years’ managerial and FM experience and have passed the BIFM Level 5 Diploma
- MBIFM route b) Three years’ management, two years’ FM experience and passed the BIFM Part I examination. Please note: BIFM Part I/II is no longer available to undertake. This has been superseded by the BIFM Qualifications.
- MBIFM route c) Three years’ management, two years’ FM experience and have other relevant qualifications. The qualification must be FM related and be at Level 4 or 5
- MBIFM route d) Five years’ FM and three years’ management experience.
As Member Grade is an assessed level of membership you will be required to supply materials to support your application. These include:
- A copy of your current job description
- Your CV (See Guidance and CV Template as required)
- Sponsor (e.g. line manager, HR manager or client) this person will be contacted to authenticate the details you provide
In addition if you apply by:
- MBIFM route c you will be required to complete an MBIFM Declaration and submit your qualification certificate (original or certified copy)
- MBIFM route d you will be required to complete an MBIFM Declaration
If you would like to find out more about the materials to support your application then visit the supporting materials section.
Unsure of your entry route?
If you are unsure if this grade of membership or which entry route is appropriate to you then use our diagnostic tool which will help you identify the correct pathway for you.
- Individual Member £197
- Student concession £49 (studying for a BIFM Qualification)
- Unemployed concession £49
- Retired concession £49
Becoming a Member (MBIFM) the first time
When you apply to become a member or when you choose to upgrade from Affiliate or Associate member you will be required to pay an assessment fee.
MBIFM Assessment fee is £84
The assessment fee is a one – off payment and paid only when you join or first upgrade to this new level via Route c and d.
Please note assessment fees are inclusive of VAT which from 1 January 2011 is charged at 20%.
Paying by Direct Debit
Those paying their membership fees by annual direct debit are eligible to receive a 5% discount. For Member Grade (MBIFM) this means your membership fee is reduced to £185 per year.
To pay for your membership by direct debit please download our direct debit form at the bottom of this page. Tax relief is available on our membership subscriptions
If you are unemployed you are eligible to claim a reduced subscription for one year. Please contact the membership department on +44 (0) 1279 712650 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information to check your eligibility.
If you are over 60 and no longer receiving income, you are eligible to apply for a retired concessionary rate of membership. Again, please contact the membership department for further information.
To join today:
Or if you would prefer to complete the application form by hand and submit by post, you can download an application form here.