Certified Member (CBIFM)
If you hold a facilities management-related qualification at Level 6 (Degree level), and have three years or more management and FM experience, you may be eligible to join BIFM at Certified Member Grade (CBIFM).
Certified Member Grade (CBIFM)
To be awarded this grade you need to meet one of the following criteria:
- CBIFM route a) Three years or more management and FM experience and passed BIFM Level 6 Diploma
- CBIFM route b) Three years or more management and FM experience and completed BIFM Part II. Please note: BIFM Part I/II is no longer available to undertake. This has been superseded by the BIFM Qualifications.
- CBIFM route c) Three years or more management and FM experience and completed BIFM Accredited HE course at Level 6. Visit the HE providers section for more information on BIFM Accredited HE courses
- CBIFM route d) Three years FM experience and two years or more management experience and have exempting qualifying criteria
As Certified member Grade is an assessed level of membership you will be required to supply materials to support your application. These include:
• A copy of your current job description
• Your CV (See Guidance and CV Template as required)
• Sponsor details (e.g. line manager, HR manager or client) this person will be contacted to authenticate the details you provide.
• Qualification certificate (original or certified copy) if you are applying via route c or d.
In addition if you apply by:
- CBIFM route d you will be required to complete a CBIFM declaration
If you would like to find out more about the materials to support you application then visit the supporting materials section.
- Individual Certified member £244
- Student Concession £49
- Unemployed Concession £49
- Retired concession £49
Unsure of your entry route?
If you are unsure if this grade of membership or which entry route is appropriate to you then contact our Membership team by email or telephone: +44(0)1279 712 650 who will help you identify the correct pathway for you.
Becoming a Certified member (CBIFM) the first time
When you apply to become a Certified member or when you choose to upgrade from Affiliate, Associate or Member Grade you will be required to pay an assessment fee.
This assessment fee is dependent on your entry route.
CBIFM Assessment fee is £84
The assessment fee is a one-off payment and paid only when you join or first upgrade to this new level via Route d.
Please note assessment fees are inclusive of VAT which from 1st January 2011 is charged at 20%.
Paying by Direct Debit
Those paying their membership fees by annual direct debit are eligible to receive a 5% discount. For Certified member Grade (CBIFM) this means your membership fee is reduced to £230 per year.
To pay for your membership by direct debit please download our application form at the bottom of this page.
Tax relief is available on our membership subscriptions.
If you are unemployed you are eligible to claim a reduced subscription for one year. Please contact the membership department on +44 (0) 1279 712650 or at email@example.com for more information to check your eligibility.
If you are over 60 and no longer receiving income, you are eligible to apply for a retired concessionary rate of membership. Again, please contact the membership department for further information.
To join today:
Apply online here:
Or if you would prefer to complete the application form by hand and submit by post, you can download an application form here.
The symbol denotes access to members only content. If you are a member you need to be logged in to view this.