BIFM Awards: Focus on the 'Sustainability & Environmental Impact' Award
23-03-12 9:1 BIFM
The BIFM Awards are open for entries. To help you understand more about each award and whether you could be eligible to enter, each week we will focus on one category. This week ’Sustainability & Environmental Impact’.
About this award
The Sustainability and Environmental Impact Award rewards the outstanding ongoing delivery of sustainable and environmental initiatives.
Submitting your entry
Entrants must first define what ‘sustainability’ means to their organisation and their FM team. The judges expect to see evidence of the practical implementation of socially, environmentally and economically sustainable FM practices.
Entrants must explain the nature of their sustainability initiative and its rationale, and how it is applied to a specific project, demonstrating how best practice is used in the parent or host business. The means of measuring performance and value is down to the entrant, but they must use methodology based upon environmental, economic and social principles.
The following must be demonstrated in the submission.
1. What ‘sustainability’ means to the parent/host organisation
2. How sustainability has been defined for the FM team and the programme developed to implement change.
3. Baseline information capturing the environmental, social and economic aspects of the initiative.
4. Operational performance set against the baseline.
5. The benefits achieved both for the FM team and the wider business and community.
6. How the entrants have promoted, or intend to promote, the learning and experience achieved through delivering sustainability initiative(s).
7. Examples of where sustainability has been successfully integrated into routine business practices.
Principal judging team
> Led by David Wright, Corporate Property Advisers
2011: Modus Services Limited, Project 10
2010: GlaxoSmithKline & Johnson Controls, Data Centre Canal Cooling Project
2009: thecentre:mk, Alternative Fuel: Biodiesel – Turning Water into Wine”
Want to enter?
To enter, you need to complete the Entry Registration Form below. You will then have until 27 April 2012 to submit your completed entry.
Have any questions or queries?
If you have any questions or queries on this category then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 639 0708.
Other categories include
> Consultant of the Year
> Excellence in a Major Project
> Facilities Manager of the Year
> In-House Client Team of the Team
> Innovation in Products
> Innovation in Customer Service
> Innovation in the Use of Technology and Systems
> Learning and Career Development (new for 2012)
> Service Provider of the Year