Members Council changes – December 2016
12-12-16 15:34 BIFM
Sue Gott, facilities project manager for Hallmark Cards, has been elected as the new chair of BIFM’s Members’ Council.
With 25 years’ experience in the FM industry, Sue previously served as the Members’ Council’s deputy chair and replaces Lucy Black. Her two-year tenure will run until October 2018.
Michael Kenny, soft services manager at FES FM Ltd and a former BIFM Volunteer of the Year, has been appointed as her deputy chair. Michael, who is the Corporate Representative on members Council, will serve in the role until the AGM 2018.
Both appointments have been made, following an election which took place following the last Members’ Council meeting in October 2016.
Lucy Black, stood down from her remaining term as Chair of Member’s Council, to focus her efforts for BIFM on remaining as a member of the BIFM Board.
Acting as representatives of the stakeholders of the Institute, the role of the Members’ Council is to influence the long-term direction of BIFM and its mission to promote excellence in facilities management for the benefit of practitioners, the economy and society. Its membership reflects the major areas of activity and influence within the Institute.
The BIFM Members’ Council now comprises of:
- Simon Biggs (Catering and Hospitality SIG)
- Graham Briscoe (Individual representative)
- Dave Cooke (Risk & Business Continuity Management SIG)
- Jason Cousins (London Region)
- Mark Evans (Interim chair, Midlands Region)
- Ian Fielder (South Region)
- Nick Fox (South West Region)
- Pat Gaughan (Ireland Region)
- Simi Ghandi-Whitaker (Women in FM)
- Steve Gladwin (International SIG)
- Rob Greenfield (Health & Safety SIG)
- Sue Gott – Chair Members’ Council
- Tahera Hammond (People Management SIG)
- Michael Kenny – Deputy Chair Members’ Council (Corporate representative)
- Gemma Lynch (Corporate representative)
- Sandy McNaughton (Scotland Region)
- Chris Morris (Rising FMs SIG)
- Mandy O’Shea (Home Counties Region)
- Roy Parrish (East Region)
- Dan Pilling (Workplace SIG)
- Sunil Shah (Sustainability SIG)
- Marilyn Standley (Fellows SIG)
- Wendy Sutherland (Procurement SIG)
- Diane Thorpe-Carpenter (Independent representative)
- Jayne Townsend (Education SIG)
- Mark Whittaker (North Region)
- Vacant position - (Retail SIG)
- Vacant position (Wales Region)