Senior leaders discuss key issues to improve effectiveness of workplaces
13-09-17 15:24 BIFM
The Stoddart Review, of which BIFM is a founding partner, has today published a series of video interviews to support the ongoing work of the ‘Workplace Advantage report’ published in December 2016.
Within the videos, senior figures from across the workplace landscape highlight key issues around improving workplaces. The interviews complement the findings of the Workplace Advantage research which was commissioned to urge businesses and the workplace industry to question their workplace strategies and seize the opportunity to change how people work for the better.
The interviews featured representatives of the following key organisations in the FM industry and the built environment: Lendlease, Mace Macro, Mitie Energy, Workplace Consultant Workplace unlimited and Cushman and Wakefield.
They spoke about issues considered to be main drivers to improving workplace strategy such as:
- the biggest blockers to change in the workplace;
- the case for a chief workplace officer to fill the void of knowledge;
- the responsibility of employees, business leaders, and the Government on the workplace agenda;
- the need for choice in the workplace;
- placing workplace in the business context;
- the value of investment in the context of using space to improve performance;
- the transition from lease events to human capital;
- the impact of business metrics being detached from the workplace;
- the importance of the workplace experience and space as a service;
- how technology is changing the way people work;
- the trends and fads leading to misunderstandings at work;
- the role that the workplace plays in the wellbeing of people;
- why change must happen to make the workplace a tool for business strategy
BIFM Research and Information Manager Peter Brogan said:
“The experts’ views in the following videos is a further wake up call to business leaders that their working environment is crucial in helping their employees to work productively. The experts further highlight the key themes coming out of the Stoddart review and further emphasise that the industry need to demonstrate and measure the value of the workplace to counter-balance the prevailing cost.”
These videos can be viewed here.
The Individuals that featured in these videos were:
- Alison Webb, Head of Workplace, Lendlease;
- Ross Abbate Managing Director, Mace Macro;
- Antony Slumbers Digital Transformation Strategist / Product Development / Speaker;
- James Reynoldson Workplace Strategy Manager, Mitie Energy;
- Nigel Oseland Workplace Consultant Workplace unlimited;
- Neil Mclocklin Partner & Co-Head Strategic Consulting EMEA Cushman and Wakefield
To download a full copy of the Workplace Advantage report visit The Stoddart Review website.