CCS launch new FM Framework
10-01-18 9:36 BIFM
Tuesday 9 January, the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) published their contract notice for the long-anticipated phase one of the new Facilities Management (FM) Framework which has a potential value of £12billion.
The new framework, phase one of which will be awarded in May 2018, intends to engage greater number of SMEs in the supply chain. The CCS is aiming to achieve this by introducing three value-banded contract tiers. The lowest band is for contracts valued at up to £7 million, for which CCS is targeting 75 suppliers spread geographically across the country. The second tier comprises work valued from £7 million to £50 million, for which around 50 suppliers are sought. The third tier is for work contracts valued in excess of £50 million, for which 25 larger suppliers are sought. Suppliers bidding for places in this phase one will have to choose to bid on a maximum of two lots out of the three available.
The new Framework will have potentially up to 155 participants. Bids involving consortia, joint ventures and sub-contractors will be welcomed. However, CCS can only contract with a single legal entity.
- A new simplified tender process is introduced for all firms seeking to bid for government FM contracts.
- All tenders must be submitted through the FM Marketplace portal. This is designed to allow future public service clients from NHS trusts, schools, universities, local authorities and charities to procure FM services from a wider range of suppliers.
- The bid pack for suppliers has been simplified. Tender documents are shorter, and there are fewer of them. Terms and conditions have also been reduced.
- The new FM arrangement will be the first category within CCS to use both the new simplified tender pack alongside simplified (plain English) terms and conditions, written specifically for the new FM contracts.
- The newly designed contract will be much shorter, with core common schedules and then bespoke schedules added. Accompanying documents are fewer and shorter.
- CCS will be holding a webinar for interested suppliers at 10:30am on Friday 12 January 2018 Visit the registration page to sign up.
- 12 February 2018 (by 14.59): tender returned via web portal
- Around two weeks: compliance check of bids
- Evaluation teams will go through the tender documents in two phases- narrowing down the number of potential participants
- May 2018: awarding of places
- Also May 2018: the ITT for phase two is due to be launched
Important links and more information
BIFM is in the process of compiling a list of questions on this ITT, which will be answered with the support of CCS. The Q&A will be published shortly.
Late 2017, the CCS was interviewed by FM World about the changes to the new FM Marketplace. The full article can be found here.
The Contract Notice as published in the Official Journal of the European Union can be found here.
To find out more about the Facilities Management Marketplace, visit the CCS procurement pipeline