Quality Management and Customer Services
- To embed a quality management approach into the development and delivery of a customer service-orientated facilities management function.
- To identify key stakeholders and to build, manage and maintain relationships both internally and externally in order to continually improve on services delivered and encourage innovation.
FM functional area components:
- To embed a customer-centric culture by developing, implementing and reviewing strategies to improve customer service engagement and build relationships.
- To motivate, engage and empower staff to optimise opportunities to enhance relationships and improve customer satisfaction both internally and externally across an organisation.
- To gather data, analyse and present findings in support of a programme of continual improvement.
- To employ a range of techniques to ensure relationships with stakeholders contribute in a positive way towards meeting targets.
- To develop, build and maintain productive relationships with stakeholders, consult on key issues and activities, manage complex negotiations and understand the wider context that affects these relationships.
- To monitor and review the effectiveness of the relationships with stakeholders.
- To embed a culture of quality in the delivery of facilities management services by implementing the following quality management principles: customer focused, demonstrate leadership, involve key stakeholders, review processes and systems, integrate a programme of continual improvement, gather data and facts to inform decision making and develop beneficial relationships.
|CAREER LEVEL||Customer Service||Stakeholder Relationships||Quality Management|
|STRATEGIC||Leads the development of a customer-centric facilities management service/organisation||Creates and evaluates relationships with stakeholders, negotiating and resolving conflict||Embeds a culture of quality into organisational processes|
|SENIOR||Develops, implements and evaluates a facilities management customer service strategy||Influences and enhances relationships with stakeholders for mutual benefit||Develops a quality-driven strategy for the delivery of facilities services|
|MANAGER||Evaluates performance against customers' quality requirements||Develops and manages productive relationships with stakeholders||Manages and evaluates operational performance to achieve quality standards and encourage continuous improvement|
|SUPERVISORY||Supervises the delivery of a customer-centric facilities management service||Maintains productive working relationships with colleagues and customers||Applies the quality management principles to the delivery of facilities services|
|SUPPORT||Meets agreed standards in carrying out facilities management tasks||Maintains productive working relationships with colleagues and/or customers||Meets agreed quality standards in their area of work|