Terms & Conditions
2. The BIFM may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the BIFM. Your continued use of bifm.org.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
6. You agree to use bifm.org.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of bifm.org.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes without limitation harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within bifm.org.uk.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
11. The BIFM does not warrant that functions contained in bifm.org.uk content will be uninterrupted or error free, or that any downloads will be free of viruses. The BIFM does not warrant that defects in the website will be corrected, or that bifm.org.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
13. The names, images and logos identifying the BIFM or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the BIFM and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BIFM or any other third party.
Contributions to bifm.org.uk
14.1 Where you submit any contribution to bifm.org.uk (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant the BIFM a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable license to use your contribution on bifm.org.uk or in any other manner as the BIFM considers appropriate. The BIFM may remove your contribution at any time without notice to you.
14.2.1 is your own original work and/or that you have the right to make it available to the BIFM for all the purposes specified above; and
14.2.2 is not unlawful, including without limitation defamatory, blasphemous or obscene; and
14.3 You indemnify the BIFM against all losses, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the BIFM as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
14.4 You waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on bifm.org.uk and the purposes specified above.
bifm.org.uk online Forum rules
15. You agree to use bifm.org.uk Forums in accordance with the following rules.
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble or offence.
- No unlawful or objectionable content including unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material.
- No multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the Forum or annoying other users.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- You may not use bifm.org.uk Forums to create or send any viruses or other files which disrupt the use of bifm.org.uk or of any connected network software or hardware
You may not post any personal data relating to any other person without their permission.
About the law:
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in bifm.org.uk Forums. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work.
- You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in bifm.org.uk Forums are not necessarily those of the BIFM.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to bifm.org.uk Forums otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on bifm.org.uk, or otherwise breach any of these terms, the BIFM may immediately and without notice to you remove such content from bifm.org.uk, and/or block access to your account.
The BIFM will co-operate with any authorised legal or regulatory body in its investigation of any activity which is in breach of these rules.
16. Use of RSS Feeds
16.2 All intellectual property rights and other rights in the material made available by the RSS feed belong to the BIFM or its licensors.
16.3 You must incorporate an attribution to the BIFM in any BIFM feed or BIFM content on website, intranet or other services. The attribution text should read “News from BIFM”. You may not use any BIFM logo in connection with the feed.
16.4 You may not, directly or indirectly, charge users for accessing the BIFM content or otherwise commercialise such content, nor attempt to re-sell the BIFM content in any way.
16.5 You must create a functional link back to the full BIFM content summarised in the RSS feed.
16.6 You may not download the BIFM content or extracts from it in a systemic manner so as to create a database in electronic or structured manual form.
16.7 The BIFM makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy of any of the material in the RSS feed, and to the extent permitted by law, the BIFM accepts no liability for any of the material which has been summarised in the RSS feed.
17. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on bifm.org.uk then the latter shall prevail.
18. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
19. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the BIFM and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any representation, warranty or other provision in relation to these matters.
20. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The place of performance shall be England.