Develop your skills and FM career
With BIFM as a facilities management professional you can build your skillset and develop professionally to achieve all-round excellence in facilities management.
Whether it’s to help deliver outstanding FM in your current role or to reach long-term career goals, we can support you throughout your FM career.
- Get professional recognition
- Develop skills
- Keep up to date with the latest FM developments.
BIFM membership sets the standard and is an industry-wide mark of quality and
achievement. Facilities management professionals can gain credentials through BIFM membership to signify their experience, expertise and qualifi ed status in facilities management. FM professionals can progress through the membership grade levels and utilise the designatory post-nominal letters associated with the grade:
- Associate > ABIFM
- Certified > CBIFM
- Member > MBIFM
- Fellow > FBIFM
Our high quality, internationally recognised qualifi cations are an ideal way to increase knowledge and skills for career progression, enhanced credibility in the workplace and increased earning potential.
- Carefully designed with leading FM employers and stakeholders to cover essential FM knowledge and skills.
- A qualifi cation at every level, from entry level to advanced strategic levels. You don’t have to work up through the levels – you can start at the right one for you.
- Comprising a mix of mandatory and optional units, so you can select topics that match your development needs.
- Qualifi cations come in the sizes – Award, Certifi cate, Diploma and Extended Diploma.
Continuing professional development (CPD)
Whatever stage in a professionals career, tools, resources and opportunities are available to help add to their FM skills.
BIFM Academy courses provide intensive and interactive short courses, including a set of core FM courses ranging from foundation to advanced levels, as well as a range of specialist FM programmes.
Information and resources
BIFM provide a range of knowledge and information tools to support FM professionals in their role. These include FM World magazine, regular e-mail bulletins, Guidance Notes, Good Practice Guides and CPD events.
Connect with fellow like-minded professionals and share knowledge and best practice while building a professional network.
- • Regional groups
• Online Networks
• Online Directories
• ThinkFM conference
• BIFM Awards
• Social networking.
Talk to us on how you can develop your FM career
We can talk you through the various membership grades, qualifications and training options available to help you progress:
+(0)44 1279 712 650