The latest blogs from BIFM, and from guest bloggers, and all things facilities and beyond.
Come to Edinburgh and learn all about FM. By Michael Kenny, Chair of the BIFM Scotland
Michael Kenny, Chair of the BIFM Scotland region tells us why this week's conference is the place to be for 'All about FM!'
"The BIFM Scotland Region conference starts tomorrow! Our broad agenda encapsulates the title 'All About FM' which aims to showcase the breadth and depth of facilities management and the current issues practising FMs face.
BIFM's Scotland Region has some history of creating an event which showcases the diversity of FM. We have tried to do this by bringing together FMs operating in different sectors and representing different industries to identify opportunities for knowledge transfer, sharing and highlighting best practice. I really do believe that there is something on our programme for everyone.
This is the only conference within Scotland relating solely to FM. Although the big operators still operate north of the border, I believe there is still a feeling that FM tends to be London centric. In fact there are a lot of smaller independent companies delivering FM in Scotland - which is why the conference serves as an excellent focal point.
I also believe for the jobbing FM, service providers or their clients that this one day conference represents an excellent opportunity to support an individual's professional development, by learning more about a wide range of subjects, in one day.
No matter what level you are at within the profession or whichever discipline, we aim that you should be able to take something from each of the speakers who are covering a wide range of topics relating to all sectors. Over the years our proven speakers from the public and private sector and academia have always delivered thought provoking presentations.
This year's conference is no different.
The programme includes:
- A key note address from Debra Ward, recently appointed MD for Condeco EMEA. Debra previously held the MD position with International FM Leader Macro and in 2014 was the recognised as the overall Women of Achievement in the coveted Women in the City Awards.
- The planning that goes into events at Hampden and the challenges of balancing safety with operational and commercial demands: Brian Muir, Safety & Operations Manager, Hampden Park
- The challenges of FM in the public sector and the need for change: David Melvin, Managing Director, Cordia
- Service versus margin: Anne Lennox-Martin, Managing Director of FMP360 Ltd
- Get Britain Standing - What is Active Working?: Gavin Brady, Founding Director, Active Working
- Taking FM back in house: Mark O'Hear, Regional Facilities Services Manager, Scotland, BTFS
- From Climate Change to Behavioural Change: Guillaume Thierry, Professor in Cognitive Neuroscience, Bangor University.
- The great thing about attending this conference is that you should find something useful to update your CPD record with across a wide range of subjects in one day. Whether you are a sole in-house FM or a service provider there will be an opportunity for you and a connection to be made.
For those of you still thinking about attending, or have never attended a conference before, I urge you to book your place today. 'All About FM' is suitable for anyone operating in FM - from supervisor to CEO. I look forward to meeting you there".
> Find out more and book your tickets
|Post reply (please note that only members who are logged in can post replies)|
|Become a member now! Join the BIFM|