The Fellows SIG has been established by a group of Fellows who are committed to identifying and inspiring the next generation of Fellows in their career development.
The Committee are formed from experienced facilities management professionals who also collectively have extensive BIFM volunteering experience.
The Committee aim to inform, advise and support aspiring Fellows with their applications, with a view to significantly increasing the membership numbers and encouraging individuals to contribute back to the facilities management sector.
The Committee also aims to facilitate events, provide a forum for Fellows to network amongst their peers and to provide greater provision of relevant continuing professional development.
The Committee aims to:
- Act as a centre of excellence - for applicants to seek expertise, opinion and support
- Share knowledge - through formal links with all BIFM Regions and other SIGs
- Mentor - provide support applicants need to achieve the member grade†
- Educate and promote best practice - through a program of CPD events
- Support - by way of providing a forum for peer to peer networking allowing members to connect, network and exchange ideas.
Existing Fellows are encouraged to support the work of the new Committee. Perhaps you are a new Fellow, or you may have considered getting involved but never been sure of how you can contribute. You may not have time to sit on the Committee but be able to assist with venues, sponsorship or CPD events. Please get in touch - we would love to hear from you!
Marilyn Standley is presently Deputy Director at the British Museum with responsibility for Building Operations and Projects. She has previously held senior FM and Property roles at a variety of organisations including the Metropolitan Police Service; Sky and the Ministry of Justice. She was the first Chairman of the BIFM at its inception in 1993 having previously been Chairman of one of the two organisations which merged to create it. She is an Honorary Fellow of the BIFM. †