Property Portfolio Management
- To influence building design, manage and maintain property and assets to meet the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- To be cognizant of the legal stakeholders and to comply with the key legislation.
- To optimise space and manage its effective use to meet immediate and future needs of a business, while taking into account environmental issues and thereby complying with the organisationís corporate social responsibility statement.
FM functional area components:
- To analyse the maintenance implications associated with different building structures.
- To develop, implement and review the strategies for building use, building services and control systems in a range of facilities management contexts.
- To manage and monitor maintenance programmes. Evaluate and use different management systems and technologies available.
Property and Asset Management
- To collect and use data to identify the size of an estate.
- To use that information to plan and manage the property portfolio, aligned to strategic objectives and is compliant with relevant legislation.
- To manage property costs and develop, maintain and review asset registers.
- To influence building design to ensure a safe and efficient workplace is created.
- To develop and implement a strategy for space, optimising its use while taking into account environmental issues.
- To prepare briefs for space layout, implement changes and assess feasibility of new developments, balancing costs vs. benefits.
- To develop strategies for introducing alternative ways of working or the need to change the use of accommodation.
|Building Maintenance||Property and Asset Management||Space Management|
|STRATEGIC||Develops a maintenance strategy for a property portfolio||Influences the development of a corporate estate strategy||Influences the development of a strategy for the use of the internal space of a corporate estate|
|SENIOR||Manages and reviews the implementation of a maintenance strategy||Develops an operational plan for the use of property and assets||Creates a space management plan for a corporate estate|
|MANAGER||Manages maintenance contracts and programmes||Manages the implementation of plans for the use of property and assets, ensuring the fitness for purpose of properties||Implements and reviews a space management plan for a building or group of buildings|
|SUPERVISORY||Supervises maintenance tasks within a maintenance programme||Supervises the deployment of fixed assets and updates fixed asset registers||Supervises the tasks needed to fulfil a space management plan|
|SUPPORT||Carries out maintenance tasks as directed||Carries out tasks relating to the supply and use of fixed assets as directed||Carries out tasks as directed to achieve the space management plan|